Questions, questions, questions!
Internet users everywhere have questions. Beginning Internet Marketers are not excluded from the list of users that have questions that need to be answered.
What if I told you that by taking time to answer someone’s question, you can also benefit yourself and your site?
The first benefit is the feeling you should get from helping someone else. Helping others is one of the most fulfilling feelings you can have.
The second benefit at least for Internet Marketers, is the ability to get the word out about yourself and your site.
How is this done?
Well, there are many ways, but today I am going to focus on Yahoo Answers.
Let me walk you through an example of how I use Yahoo Answers to not only help someone with a question, but also to get the word out about
I have a post on my website about purchasing hosting.
Here are the steps I use to create a backlink to that post.
First I go to http://answers.yahoo.com . It’s free to register an account if you don’t have one.
Next I want to search for people that have a question that needs to be answered. The key here is to look for “open questions”.
An open question, is one that may have other answers, but the person who posted the question has not chosen any as the “best answer” yet.
Open question still allow me to post answers. Close questions do not.
To find some open question about Hosting here are the steps I follow.
- Search for open questions to answer
- I click on “Advanced” next to the “Search” button.
- In the Keyword field I type in my keyword “website hosting”
- I then select the bubble next to “Questions” in the “Search for keyword match in:” section.
- In the “Question Status” section, I fill in the bubble next to “Open Questions – Best answer has not been chosen”
- I leave everything else as default.
- Next, I click the blue “Search” button at the bottom right
- Choose a Question
- A list of Open Questions will be shown. I then read the questions and see if there are any that relate to the blog post I want to link back to.
- Answer a Question and leave a link
- Once I find one, I click on the question and write an answer that will provide some benefit to the person asking the question. If I don’t have a good answer or something that will help them find the answer, it’s probably best that I move on to a different question.
- Like I said before, first and foremost I am looking to help the person asking the question. Once I have done that, I then want to
leave a link to my site in the “What’s your source?” box.
Give it a try.
Answer 5 questions a day for a week and come back and leave me a comment with your results.